Desktop virtualization is an amazing technology as it allows users to flexibility in accessing their desktop. Technology has opened up new opportunities for parents and others that want to work at home. I’ve been using desktop virtualization technology at work, and I like it very much. The office working desktop that I have is stored on a central VMware Server 2.0 virtualization server.
I could access the virtual desktop computer from home or anywhere. A personal computer, notebook computer, netbook computer, thin client computer, smart phone, or any mobile device could be used to access the virtual desktop. Of course, a network connection or internet connection is required through say wireless verizon network for broadband services or cable internet services. At home I use an adsl broadband internet connection through a local telecommunication service provider. Internet connection to connect with the virtualization server is a must.
The benefits of desktop virtualization for users who work at home:
- work can be done from any computer device as long as there is an internet connection.
- It saves travel time and cost going to the office.
- easy support on desktop application problems
- full working computer system security and antivirus protection
- assured work data backup and recovery.
- easily scale up working desktop requirements.
- stable working computer system
Those are some benefits of virtualization that I experience with working at home. A laptop, an internet connection and a remote desktop client software is all I need to work comfortably. Businesses can reliably use virtualization technology even for the most critical applications for a mobile workforce. Work at home job opportunities, including data entry, computer and other related jobs could leverage desktop virtualization technology.